Saturday, October 10, 2009

Life Changing Moments

Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals:

This has me thinking of the special rites of passage in our lives which we participate for ourselves or in which we support and bless others: baptism, confirmation, marriage, ordination, graduation, funerals, etc. Such important days, so exciting and joyous, but also sometimes anxiety provoking or deeply painful....So, this week, please share five memories of such sacred moments with God and her holy people from your life and the lives of those you love.

As I made my list, I found myself remembering life changing moments -- sacred, I suppose, because of the change.
  1. I remember by baptism, and I remember reading scripture as a seven year old in the Presbyterian church we attended.
  2. I remember the afternoon when Steve proposed -- December 29, 1985, in the park. "We all have dreams..." I supposed I would call it a sacred moment because of how it changed our lives.
  3. On the heals of that, I remember our wedding -- July 18, 1987.
  4. June 8 and August 31 -- the days our sons were born.
  5. October, 2005 -- a month when God walked with me and my faith grew to something different.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home