Monday, October 05, 2009

Bible Study

I've mentioned that I'm now part of a Disciples class. It feels great to be involved in Bible study much more than I have been in a while. It isn't always easy to get the reading done, but I'm enjoying the process.

I've set up a routine for each reading. I'm taking notes on what I read (because that's my habit; it has been for a while). Before I start reading, I right a phrase or two about what is going on during the day, and then a sentence or two of what I'm grateful for. Even on the worse day, gratitude is a grace.

I was knitting the other day on a shawl I'm making. I was looking at how much there is to do, and thinking that the whole thing was a whole lot of stitches. And then I laughed to myself. What did I expect? It's a shawl made of knitted stitches. Did I really think I could make a knitted shawl without knitting? In fact, it's the knitting that I look forward to.

Disciple is a lot of reading, but I started this in order to do Bible study. Seems silly to fuss about the reading, when I started this to do the reading!

Can you tell that getting the reading done today was just a little more complicated? By the time I got to circumcision -- well, I just didn't care. ;-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home