Thursday, October 22, 2009

Guest Sandbloggers

This image is from the Sanctuary of Morris Memorial United Methodist Church. It's a lovely Sanctuary, and the stained glass is beautiful. The cross is a different way to design with stained glass, I think. Kind of thinking outside the box. The shape tells most of the story, rather than the image in the glass. The color of the glass gets warmer towards the center which I liked.
  • There is beauty in us that is not linked with who we are, but is instead seen when we allow Christ to shape us.
  • At the center of the cross is light, warmth and love.
I won't be posting again until Sunday evening; I'm leaving tonight for an Emmaus walk. I'm serving as an Assistant Lay Director, which is a role I've never held before. I'm a little nervous; hopefully, God will do the shaping, and all will go as he needs it to go. I deliver a talk (Grow Through Study) on Saturday morning (8:30 -- early!), so think of me.

You, reader, will be in excellent hands, though. Steve will be guest-sandblogging on Friday, and Jeff (JtM) will take the wheel on Saturday. I know you will be blessed by their songs. To learn a little more about them, you can read previous posts (linked in the sidebar), or go to this post, or this one, or even this one. I seem to go on walks in October, and these two men have always written for me for that October weekend.

I thank both of them for taking the time to post. I blog because it makes me think each day, and I would be tempted to avoid that if not forced. Knowing that the two of them will take the time to write a post and then to post it is grace to me. A form of affirmation. Thank you to both of you.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

Kim, Is the stained glass behind the cross more than color, is there a picture.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home