Friday, July 31, 2009

Child-like Silliness

The Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals:

Today’s Friday Five celebrates the spontaneous child in all of us… or at least the one that we admire in someone else:

  1. On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being I can’t do this now; I am about to jump into a pit of plastic balls at the mini-mall and 1 being I can’t do this now until I can get all of the fonts on my blog to match – where are you?I'm not sure I understand or agree with the question. Is the question asking how child-like I am? I still like to play, but I don't play in the same way that I did when I was a child. I don't play with dolls anymore; I play with color and light. I do think I still have a sense of play, of having fun. I think it's fun and playful to make the font match on my blog! I probably never liked jumping into a pit of plastic balls.
  2. What is the silliest/most childlike thing you have done as an adult? I remember meeting Steve, his brother, our boys and his boys in the park one Saturday a few years ago. We stayed a long time and played on the swings. I still love swings!
  3. Any regrets? About what? Swinging? No. In life? Sure. Growing up? No, I like my age now. I wouldn't want to be a child or a teenager again.
  4. What is the silliest thing you have ever seen another adult do on purpose? I thought this would be an easy question. I'm trying to think of something silly that an adult has done on purpose. Hmmm. I do have a picture of a friend wearing a very strange rubber head covering at Starbucks. That looks kind of silly. I have a husband and friends with pretty intense senses of silliness, and we laugh all the time - maybe that is the silliest thing I see adults do on a regular basis -- make each other laugh.
  5. What is something you wish you had done when you had the chance? I've sat here 2 or 3 minutes trying to think of something. If I can't think of something, does it mean I don't have child-like impulses, and don't regret that, or does it mean that I've followed through with my impulses, so I haven't missed anything? Or does it mean I have a bad memory? Probably the latter. Oh, wait. We went ice skating with the church a few years ago. Steve skated, and I watched. I kind of wish I had tried it.
BONUS: For our ‘I told you so’ sides – what thing did you skip doing and you’re really glad you did!I didn't ride the Drop Zone at Kings Island because I was sick. I didn't like being sick, but I don't regret not riding it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

One Halloween we went to pass out candy at the in-laws house. I had a wig of my mothers that had holes cut in it for eye and nose holes.I wore this wig and barked at trick or treaters while we passed out candy. Really had to watch though the really little ones took to crying as a whole though most people just laughed.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home