Friday, June 19, 2009

Power Unimaginable

I was reading a Disciplines devotional this past week. The author was discussing Mark 4:35-41. Read verse 39:
He woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm.
The author of the devotional said to notice the power -- Jesus calmed the sea and the storm.

Do we forget sometimes? Do we fail to remember the Power of God? I think I do. I think I take him for granted -- that he's in my head when I pray. I think I forget that he's the creator of the universe, and I fail to imagine the Power.

Power to stop storms. Power to save. Power to love in an unimaginable way. Power to divide the sea and unite those who argue. Power to lead a whale to eat a prophet and to lead a ragtag group of church members to remember the Christ when they eat bread and drink "wine." Power to die and power to live again.

Power unimaginable.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

Don't you think that God's all powerfulness maybe keeps us from remembering his greatness. We're almost like the ants in an ant farm unable to see beyond our own existances.

Maybe that is why God desires worship and prayer in order to help us remember and connect.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home