Saturday, May 23, 2009

How do you wear the ring?

I bought a ring the other day. It's a silver open work band composed of the words Faith, Hope, Love. I'm not sure which way to wear it. Do I wear it so that I can read the words, or do I wear it so that someone else can read the words?

What is a church? Is it a community that shows love so that we can all read it? Or is it a community which shows love to the people around us so that they can "read" it?

I think it's both. I think that there are times when the church demonstrates love and grace to those who are part of the community. Family. There are times when the love of God is made evident to those who are part of the family.

There are also times when we are called to demonstrate that love to those around us, outside of the church.

We need to wear the ring both ways. We need to be love and grace for our family, for our neighbors, and for strangers.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

Well said the Church should never settle for one dimensional.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home