Monday, May 25, 2009

Cover me

I was teaching a week ago Sunday. One of the questions for discussion was:
Think of the phrase “the wisdom of God in its rich variety.” What do you see the rich variety of God?
Is God evident in the variety around us?

Last Wednesday, I spent an hour in the park with one of our cameras. When I do that, I just walk aimlessly around the park (is it aimless if I follow a path?) with the camera, snapping pictures. I ended up in small grove of trees, covered in a canopy of green leaves. It was a beautiful day, with blue sky peaking through the leaves and the sun shining. I was listening to music on my iPod:

In the darkness and in the flood,
you're there with me, you're there with me.
And in the desert and in the sun,
You're holding me, you're holding me.

You cover me with your love
You cover me with, you cover me with your love
You cover me with, you cover me with your love.
Standing under those trees, listening to that song, I was reminded of the day before, standing under a canopy of trees, with blue sky above. It was a cemetery, for the funeral of a friend's father. Steve was near the hearse, acting as a pall bearer, and I stood waiting under this high tree, certain of the grace of God, covered.

God is most certainly seen in his rich variety.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home