Monday, February 09, 2009

Why do I not remember?

Acts 5:38-39: So in the present case, I tell you, keep away from these men and let them alone; because if this plan or this undertaking is of human origin, it will fail; but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them—in that case you may even be found fighting against God!’



Isaiah 40:21: Have you not known? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?



In the sermon yesterday, Jack said that we will come to know and understand God through personal experience of him. We will come to understand God through what he has done in our lives and through our remembering of him.



Each year, when I plan the Lenten devotional ministry for our church, I worry that it is not going to work. Each year, I hesitate to take the step to commit to doing it for fear that we will not have enough authors. It is only when I take that step, however, that the ministry takes off. Once I do that, then there are always enough people who will write.



Why is this a lesson that I need to learn EACH year? Why don't I remember that this mustard seed step of faith -- this trusting in God -- is a necessary first step?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home