Friday, February 13, 2009

Cross from both sides

St. Marks UMC, in Charleston, where our offices are located, removed a door and installed a waterfall. Just saying that sounds odd to me, but the results are really kind of stunning. The water falls down in sheets on both sides of a glass window. The cross and flame is etched into the glass (I think).

The first picture is from the outside. It's hard to see the cross, but it's there. The waterfall is the same on the inside, although the cross and flame is backwards.

I've been thinking all day that there was some kind of spiritual lesson in that. I still can't quite pinpoint it.

Perhaps it will remind us that to see the grace of God, sometimes we need to leave the church building. Perhaps those outside of the church need to see the cross more than we do. I'm still thinking it though, but I know there is a post there somewhere....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This immediately brought to mind your words at Emmaus - that you had experienced "showers of grace," from God through Jesus. This image paints the picture of your words....Thank you.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home