Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Peace in his arms

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm in Alexandria, attending a Planned Giving school. This evening, after the meeting, I walked across the street for dinner. I'm here by myself, so I chose something close that wouldn't require too much time walking, would be in a well lighted area, and was at an early time in the evening. I'm being careful. It's still a little bit tense, walking around in a large city, on my own.

As I came to the hotel, there was a young couple with a baby. He was pushing the stroller, she was carrying the baby (Isn't that always the way? Why won't they ride?). The baby was obviously secure and happy with her mom, just looking around, making baby noises, completely at ease.

Isn't that they way life in God should be like? I don't mean that we are protected from misfortune or illness, but that we can rest like a child in the arms of our father. We can step out in faith that we are never alone, and that our future is in his hands. We can have peace.

Image: George Washington Masonic Memorial, next door to the hotel, lighted at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home