Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Five

For a change of pace, here's the Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals:

  1. Your work day is done and the brain is fried, what do you do? Most days when my work day is done, my evening is just beginning. There aren't many days when I can just come home, cook dinner with Steve and sit down to watch TV. Most days I come home and then move onto the next thing. This week, I had a Lay Leadership meeting on Monday, a Church Committee Structure meeting and then an Emmaus meeting on Tuesday, I worked on Wednesday evening, and a bible study on Thursday. Tonight we're going to dinner with friends, and then tomorrow we'll have dinner with Steve's brother's family and then go see G in a band competition and working on a church luncheon during the day. Sunday is church and the luncheon, followed by a short meeting. When I do get home, I sit down, work on the computer, blog, talk to Steve and the boys, and watch TV. What can I say? I'm busy.
  2. Your work week is done and the brain is fried (for some Friday, others Sunday afternoon), what do you do? Each weekend, we try to find an evening meet another couple for dinner -- our "friend" time is worth carving out space for. The rest of the time is up for grabs.
  3. Like most of us, I often keep myself busy even while programs are on the TV. I stop to watch The Office and 30 Rock on Thursday nights. Do you have 'stop everything' TV programming or books or events or projects that are totally 'for you' moments? I don't have as many "must see" TV shows as I used to. I really like Bones. I'll try to find House, Numb3rs, and Gray's Anatomy, if I can. We recently hooked a DVR machine to the TV so that we can set our own schedule.
  4. When was the last time you laughed, really laughed? What was so funny? It's hard to say. My life is full of laughter. I'm sure it was the last time we were out with M and J -- we laugh all the time. It's one of the joys of the friendship. What was so funny? It's hard to tell. Unfunny things can become funny when shared with friends.
  5. What is a fairly common item that some people are willing to go cheap on, but you are not. I don't know. Body wash instead of soap.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home