Wednesday, October 15, 2008

An Honor

This evening I was calling someone to ask her to pray at an upcoming meeting. The words were barely out of my mouth when she said, "I would be honored."

Just like that. She didn't think about it. She didn't hesitate. She would be honored.

Shouldn't we face prayer like that, with that kind of attitude. Shouldn't it be an honor? Shouldn't we be practically giddy (not that she was giddy) with excitement at the idea of having one on one time with the creator of the universe?

Prayer is an amazing concept. I think we forget that; we take it for granted.

Shouldn't we be saying, "I would be honored to pray."?

Image: Leaves in the park. Still waiting for an autumnal change.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

Kim, I think peoples fear of public speaking makes them lose sight of the honor.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home