Monday, September 15, 2008

Circumstances

According to Andy Stanely, the fifth and final means by which God "expands our faith" is through special circumstances. I have a feeling that this is true for many people, whether those circumstances are tragedy or joy, suffering or happiness. Those circumstances could be large, life altering events or small, almost unnoticed happenings.

Can you think of any of these circumstances in your faith journey? Here are some of mine:
  • In high school, I was invited to church by a friend. I later joined that church, and have been there ever since. My life has changed because I am a United Methodist; my faith has grown because of it.
  • Knowing and marrying my husband has grown my faith and my commitment to it. We met because we both worked in the mall -- who could have imagined.
  • In October of 2005, I preached a sermon which taught me that God is present in the work that we do together. I then went on an Emmaus walk -- faith-changing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home