Saturday, September 13, 2008

Waiting

Those who wait for the Lord
shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint.

She stood in the room,
happy where she was,
but knowing that it wasn't where
she was supposed to stay.
"Wait" was the message.
"Wait; change is coming."
Patience must be a gift,
because she's pretty sure
it's not original equipment
in her character.

They shall renew their strength.
They shall mount up with wings like eagles

The time arrived when the signals changed.
"Wait" became "Go."
The first steps were halting,
not very pleasant.
Worrisome.
Frightening.
But perhaps still part of God's plan.
"Don't stop. Keep going."
So she did.
Change came,
and with it joy.

They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.


Today came the realization
that sometimes,
in God's time,
Waiting is Holy.
Waiting is obedience.
Waiting is action.
Until the message changes
from "Wait" to "Go."

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.
Grant me patience when I need it.
Grant me courage when you need me to have it.
Move me to stop.
Stop my waiting when it's time to move.
Give me wings to fly,
and peace to wait.
And may thy will be done.

Scripture is Isaiah 40:31

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home