Monday, May 19, 2008

Know the Lord

As I mentioned earlier, I started a new job last week. Part of this position involves making contacts with people throughout the state.

I've been meeting people all week, at different churches, different meetings. I've always had a problem remembering names.

As I was driving home this evening, I realized something. After I've talked with someone, gotten to know him or her a little more than a brief introduction, then it is much easier to remember a name. I know that sounds obvious, but I hadn't thought about that before.

One of the verses that I talked about yesterday was "Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome." It occurs to me that it would be easier to remember the Lord -- to remember the greatness of the Lord -- when we have a relationship with him. Want to remember the greatness of the Lord? Get to know him. Spend some time in his presence. Have a conversation with him. I imagine once you meet him face to face, then he is rather difficult to forget.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post.

I'm great with names...when I get to know someone face to face.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home