Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Fire

JtM, is is one of the youth leaders, prepared a booklet for the youth for the retreat. As part of their Saturday morning watch, he included a piece of Psalm 5. One of my favorite verses:

Every morning you'll hear me at it again. Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on your altar and watch for fire to descend.
I think that's a great verse.

  • "Pieces of my life" -- there is something important in the idea of knowing that our life is in pieces, and that we are in need of healing from our God.
  • "Every morning" -- How often do we need to touch base with God? Every morning. We need to reconnect with God on a regular basis.
  • "on your altar" -- Where do we take these pieces? To God.
  • "And wait for fire to descend." I love that phrase. We are waiting for fire to descend. We know that power comes from God. We know that God will make a difference in our lives, or why else would we expect fire?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home