Saturday, April 26, 2008

Great Faithfulness

At communion this evening, one of the passages that the minister used in his meditation was Lamentations 3:22-24:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
I read a book once by Sheila Walsh called "Extraordinary Faith." When I bought it, I thought that it would be able having an extraordinary faith in God. But it wasn't. Her premise was that God has extraordinary faith in US. How's that for a revelation? God has faith in you.

During this weekend, God has said to me, or to the people around me:
  • If you will open your church to the youth this weekend, I will bring 19 young creations into your care. I have faith in you, that you will love them. If you do, all will be blessed.
  • If you will light 100 candles on a table, and tell these youth that 100 of my children die in five minutes, I will descend upon the room, all will be quiet, and perhaps they will be changed.
  • If you will light candles and sing, I will make my presence known through your love to 27 searching Christians.
  • If you will be patient and listen, when I say, "Wait. Just wait for now," then you will see me moving.

God is a God of extraordinary faith. It is amazing to me that he has faith in us, that he calls us to do his will, even when we do not have faith in ourselves.

Is that perhaps what trust is about? Can we trust God enough, even when we do not have faith in ourselves, to follow, because we believe that his judgement is better than ours, and we know that he has faith in us?

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home