Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Community Flowers

Yes, I know that you've seen this picture before. I want to take another look at it, though.

I took it in Ripley, WV. It's just a weed, but I really like the picture. Would you be surprised if I were to tell you that it's not a flower? It's actually hundreds of flowers. Daisies are composites -- an advanced flower (evolutionarily). Take a look at the second picture -- each yellow spot, each white "petal" is actually a single flower.

So what?

I think that composite flowers are a great example of community. Take a look at the close-up again. It reminds me of Christian community.
  • The white petals are very showey; the yellow ones are hardly noticeable. Both are invaluable in creating an organism -- just as we are all members of the Body of Christ.
  • Look at the arrangement of the yellow flowers - they swirl around the center. Does it seemed to you that they are arranged as God intended?
  • The beauty of the plant is only seen when all of the elements are viewed together. There is beauty of community that we only can see when everyone is together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home