Thursday, June 21, 2007

Listen for me

When I was turning my car off to walk into the Research building today, the song Word of God Speak by Mercy Me was coming on the radio. I wanted to hear it, but needed to get to work, so I grabbed by iPod and clicked it on. I walked in listening to the song.

I stopped at the end of the parking lot where the vegetation meets the blacktop. Take a look at the words to the song:

The last thing I need
Is to be heard
But to hear,
What you would say.

Word of God speak
Would you pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty

To be still and know
That you’re in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In your holiness

Do you ever feel like the noises of life separate you from God -- that the distractions are so loud that they block out God's will? Do you ever feel like you are speaking so loudly, in your life, in your relationship with others, in your relationship with God, that he is drowned out.

I think that there may be times where words on our part are unnecessary.

I stood in the parking lot, and closed my eyes. The light was bright, and I could still see it, shining through my eyelids, but it was all I could see -- bright red light. Later, on the way to lunch, I stood near the car, looking into the woods. I felt the breeze, saw the sun and shadow.

All day long I have had the idea that God was saying to me, "Stop. Listen. Look. Feel me. I am right here with you. Just be still and know me."

The second verse:
Finding myself in the midst of you
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need
Is to be with you
And in the quiet to hear your voice
Now read it a different way, as if God were saying it:
Finding you, in my midst,
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
I am all you need.
I need to you to be with me.
And in the quiet, to know that you hear me.
Do you ever think that God is searching for you? Seeking a relationship with you? Think of all that he has done, just to restore us to relationship with him. He loves us, beyond measure, beyond reason.
Images: View from the parking lot this morning. Rose from lunch. Petunia from Pullman Square.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home