Monday, January 01, 2007

New Beginnings

Heavenly Father;

It's the first day of a new year -- a day the brings us the hope of new beginnings. Help me to remember, each day of this new year, that because of your son, each and every day is a new beginning.

Help me to remember, God, that forgiveness is not only something that I receive, but is also something which I give. This year, help me to set aside grievances and anger. Help me to pick up grace, and help me to give it away.

I come to you in gratitude today, Father. I am thankful for all of the times you have walked with me this past year -- in unexpected and unpredicted ways. As I stand at the threshold of a new year, I pray that you cross through the door with me. Having seen you, I do not wish to ever continue without you.

I thank you for the comfort of hope in this new year -- for the realization that you are a God of new beginnings.

In your son's name, Amen.

This year, God, may

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home