Saturday, May 06, 2006

Images of the Day

I'm too tired to write tonight, so I'm going to distract you with some pictures I took today.

The first is sunrise as we drove across the Ohio River this morning -- taken from a moving car. Luckily, I wasn't driving.

Next, S and I went outside after dinner at the church in Ashland to take a break and found a petunia growing out of the mortar on the church steps. This was taken with my cell phone, so it doesn't have the greatest clarity, but it is a flower growing out of brick. S calls it "Bloom where you are planted." I saw it and thought, "Love will find a way."

Late tonight, as we were headed to the car, we saw the fountain in the courtyard, lit with red lights. I don't know why the main part of the courtyard looks green. S said something about fluorescent lights that I didn't follow, but I liked the effect. In "real life" there was no green, only red in the water and reflected on the tree above. Please notice that the dark person in the second photo is not some alien predator, but is S's shadow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home