Saturday, April 29, 2006

God Threw a Party

God threw a party.
He opened the doors
He invited his children to cross through the rainbow,
And to come in to play.

Amazing grace,
How sweet the sound.
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost.
But now am found.
Was blind, but now I see.


The music was loud and fast.
His children danced, clapping in joy,
In imitation of His creation.

You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.


A strong man spoke of the Lord.
A man strong in the Lord spoke.
"These are nails.
What are they used for?
They hold things together.
They hold this building together."

These are nails.
They held him to the cross.
Now the same nails hold the church together.

Don't be a pencil holder -- a useless and bent tool.
You must be a fisher of men.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
the hour I first believed.


God threw a party, and his children danced,
while God danced with them.
Lights circled on the ceiling
while His Light circled among them.
His house shook with the joy of the party
while his children played on the furniture.

I2J ... I2J
I'm into God.
I'm into Jesus,
and He is into me.
I2J. Praise God.

Stories were told of God's strength,
His presence in the dark times,
His healing of the body and of the soul.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far
and Grace will lead us home.


While the music played, and the lights flashed,
Grace rained down on His children,
blurring the lines between faith and memory.
Which church did which ones attend?
Tonight, at this party, it didn't matter.
Tonight, it was all about the song, the dance and the joy.
Tonight, it was about the quest.
Tonight, they were all God's children.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Then when we've first begun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

All I can say is WOW...God is GREAT. God's power, love and presence was definately felt this weekend in new and real ways. Thanks be to God!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home