Saturday, February 11, 2006

Music on my Mind

I have been tagged by Jim of WabiSabi (wow -- how cool to be tagged) and directed to list 7 songs that I am into right now. I thought this would be difficult, but it has turned out that I had to limit the list.

The rules: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

Here goes:

  1. I recently bought the CD Wherever You Are by Third Day, and I'm just loving the song "I can feel it" (written by Mark Lee). My favorite phrase? "I can feel your heartbeat." How close to God would you have to be to feel his heartbeat? Just a great image. It's one of those songs that I play really loudly in the car with the windows down and the sunroof open.
  2. Grant has the CD The Beautiful Letdown by Switchfoot. Song? More than Fine. Great lyrics. "More than fine. More than bent on getting by. More than just OK." Someday at church, when someone (like Scott) asks me, "How are you?" I'm going to respond, "More than fine."
  3. I really like the song Sweet Home Alabama. I don't know why. I just like it. I like to play it in the car with the boys. We sing and drum, and just have fun. Sometimes you need songs like that.
  4. I am a big fan of soundtracks, and one of my favorites right now is Sahara. I especially like the song Never Been Any Reason sung by Head East. Again, I don't know why, but it's another roll down the windows and sing really loud songs. Do you get the idea that I only sing in the car? True.
  5. I really like the songs Sanctuary and Arise from our Common Grounds service. Reading this, Jim? Please request them for me. (And, yes, I know this is two songs, but I don't care).
  6. Speaking of Common Grounds, I have found a new favorite -- Heart of Worship by Matt Redman. I think I like it because of the story behind it. I feel a blog entry coming on.
  7. And I want to finish this list with some favorite hymns -- Be Thou my Vision, They'll know we are Christians (is that the right name?), and my new favorite, Come, O Thou Traveler Unknown. (Yes, that's three. It's my blog, and I'll do what I wanna).

Seven people to tag? Oh, I don't know seven people to tag. Here's the deal. If you are reading this, and you want to play, then consider yourself tagged. If you don't have a blog, then leave your list in the comments.

One picture for you that I took today which proves that church signs do not have spell check, and that we see what we expect to see:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home