Friday, February 10, 2006

Favorite Prayer

Again, it's Friday night, and I find myself very tired and with no words to share. It's late -- or at least it feels late. We just got back from a movie -- "Firewall." It is a Harrison Ford movie, and I would recommend it. Quite a thriller. Rather violent -- people being shot and beat upon -- one guy killed with a blender. One of those ones with really heavy glass containers.

Anyway, moving away from the violent images I just put in your head, without a very clever seque, have you ever seen this prayer? It's one of my favorites, attributed to St. Patrick:

Christ be with me,
Christ within me,
Christ behind me,
Christ before me,

Christ beside me,
Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.

Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ in quiet,
Christ in danger,

Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

And Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home