Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Readings Stats 2022

Last year, I reported by reading states for the first time.  Since I still love statistics, here we go again.  I read a total of 35 books in 2022, down from 56 books in 2021.  I'm certain this is because I read many books as I prepared the CLM curriculum for the Conference CLM Class.  I didn't re-read them this year.  

Here are how the stats worked out:

Question 1: What was the format of the book?  Hard copy? Kindle? Audiobook?  Audiobook is clearly the winner, at 91%.  I read a lot as I drive to work, using audiobooks, so this is not surprising.  It's up from last year, because the books I read for the CLM class were not audiobooks.  I read paper books or kindle books for the class.





Question 2: Had I read the book before?  Interestingly, to me, because I feel like I re-read a lot of favorites, 57% of the books were first time reads. This compares to a 50/50 split last year.




Question 3: What was the genre of the books I read?    The winner this year was fantasy, at 40%.  This is different from last year, where 41% of the books were about faith.  I don't expect to read 41% in a normal year, but I have set a goal of at least 4 books this year in the faith category.  




Question 2: When were the books published?  I changed the categories this year, moving all of the '20s to their own grouping.  Forty percent of the books I read were published between 2010 and 2019, but 27% percent were new, published from 2020 to 2022.  That's a high percentage for only three years, when the other categories were 10 years each.  Last year, 59% were published 2010 or later.


This is my Goodreads profile if you are interested in seeing what I've read.  This page is my Blog Library.  I list faith books here (or other books I've blogged about) with links to the posts.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home