Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Open My Eyes, Part 2

This is the second in a series of posts based on a sermon I preached in October.

What is interesting to me in the story is that the man “sees” Jesus.  Even though others are ordering Bartimaeus to be quiet, to stand back, to just leave Jesus alone – Bartimaeus won’t.  He is persistent in his faith, and in his desire to be healed.  Through his faith, he sees Jesus.

Jesus heals his blindness, and says, “Go; your faith has made you well.”

So what does that man do? He followed Jesus toward Jerusalem.  Bartimaeus is healed, and his life is transformed.  He changes his life’s direction and follows Christ.

When I picked up my camera all those years ago, I think that is what I was looking for – the ability to be aware of God in the world God has created.  My experience is that God is always trying to help me to see – maybe that’s your experience, too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home