Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Truths


As I was browsing Facebook the other day, I found a Meme that said:

As California works to ban the Bible, the state is on fire.  Let that sink in.

For me, this was terrible.  It was an irresponsible and untrue post.  I rarely respond to items like this on Facebook, but I couldn't let this one stand and say nothing.  Rather than post on the wall of the person who quoted it (and embarrass her), I wrote on my one wall the following:

I read a Meme on Facebook today that claimed the wild fires in California are because the state is  trying to ban the Bible. Time for some truths. Truth #1: The people of CA may be voting on a law you  disagree with, but it has nothing to do with books of any kind, including the Bible. Truth #2: God would  not cause a wildfire anywhere, and to say that God would is to take God’s name in vain. Truth#3:To  use the deaths and loss of homes caused by the fire to make any kind of point is horrendous. Please  stop.

One other truth to learn from this post.  Please check your sources.  Be sure what you are posting is true.  Will it hurt anyone? Will it spread the love of God to those who need it?


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger birdwatcher said...

Thanks for that comment/response ofn FB. Thanks for that witness.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home