Thursday, March 08, 2018

Merhab

James Harnish, in the Lenten study I'm working through, talks about the word Hebrew word merhab. It means "vast expanse or broad place." Interestingly, it can also mean salvation:
  • Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me in a  broad place. (Psalm 118:5)
  • He brought me out into a broad place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me. (Psalm 18:16)
  • and have not delivered me into he hand of th enemy; you have set my feet in a  broad place. (Psalm 31:8)
  • He brought me out into a broad place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me. (2 Samuel 22:20)
Look at each of those and consider how two definitions, that to me seem vastly different (broad place and salvation) become almost interchangable.


More on this next Monday....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home