Friday, September 16, 2016

Logos: 1 Timothy 2:1-7

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone,for kings and all who are in high positions, so that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and dignity.This is right and is acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.For there is one God; there is also one mediator between God and humankind, Christ Jesus, himself human,who gave himself a ransom for all--this was attested at the right time.For this I was appointed a herald and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.  (1 Timothy 2:1-7)
Check out the beginning of that passage. It is a command to Timothy to pray for everyone - kings and all who are in high positions.

We are in a tumultuous election season. I'm surprised that each year, it seems to get more and more nasty. The things that are said - the comments that are made - by politicians, the media, and my "neighbor" are sometimes horrible. We act as if we are each others' enemy.

What if the person you are not voting for wins? What then? Can you (can I) pray for that person? Can you pray for your enemy, even if it is Trump or Clinton? Will you? Will I?>

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home