Friday, September 07, 2012

Risking Failure


We brought a new camera last week.  It's a Nikon d5100.  With the camera I used before (which has now gone off to college with our son to be his equipment for his photography class), I relied on the Program button to take pictures.

Since we brought this camera, I've been doing some reading. I've been using the camera's manual setting, choosing aperture size and shutter speed. This rose image was taken using the manual setting.

I've never really tried that before.  Are there things we don't try because we fear failure?  Even though I like this image, there were lots I took that I didn't like.  Even so, I'm doing it, and I am learning more and more. 

Stepping out to do something new risks failure, but the rewards might be worth it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home