The question from RevGalBlogPals this past Friday was, "What are 5 things you do or things you have bought that have made your life simpler/easier to manage?"
- When we bought our new TV, we ended up with three remote controls, and no real way to reduce that number to just one, until I found a Logitech universal remote control. I downloaded a program to my laptop, plugged in the remote, and programmed it to work our devices. Genius.
- I'm not sure if this makes my life easier or simpler, but maybe it does. At the beginning of the year, we bought a new fridge. I love it. I love the water and ice in the door, the extra space -- I love everything about it.
- My iPad has been a great purchase. It felt like a luxury when I bought it -- and it probably is -- but it has been great to be able to take it to church meetings and have all of my paperwork for meetings with me. Whenever I go to a meeting, I scan the agenda, minutes, etc, so that for the next meetings, all of my information is with me. And then, I throw away the paper copies (recycle them). Great -- no messes.
- I get hot during the day, and I was always turning my air conditioning in my office down and then up and then down and then up. I found a little fan, the size of a small melon or large tomato. It sets on my desk, and I turn it on when I get hot and then off. So great. So easy.
- The Kuerig coffeemaker. I don't make coffee, but I use it for tea and even hot cereal (using it for hot water). Steve uses it faithfully every day -- great for coffee