Monday, August 06, 2012

Simpler

The question from RevGalBlogPals this past Friday was, "What are 5 things you do or things you have bought that have made your life simpler/easier to manage?"

  1. When we bought our new TV, we ended up with three remote controls, and no real way to reduce that number to just one, until I found a Logitech universal remote control. I downloaded a program to my laptop, plugged in the remote, and programmed it to work our devices. Genius.
  2. I'm not sure if this makes my life easier or simpler, but maybe it does. At the beginning of the year, we bought a new fridge. I love it. I love the water and ice in the door, the extra space -- I love everything about it.
  3. My iPad has been a great purchase. It felt like a luxury when I bought it -- and it probably is -- but it has been great to be able to take it to church meetings and have all of my paperwork for meetings with me. Whenever I go to a meeting, I scan the agenda, minutes, etc, so that for the next meetings, all of my information is with me. And then, I throw away the paper copies (recycle them). Great -- no messes.
  4. I get hot during the day, and I was always turning my air conditioning in my office down and then up and then down and then up. I found a little fan, the size of a small melon or large tomato. It sets on my desk, and I turn it on when I get hot and then off. So great. So easy.
  5. The Kuerig coffeemaker. I don't make coffee, but I use it for tea and even hot cereal (using it for hot water). Steve uses it faithfully every day -- great for coffee




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Our lists are very much alike. Our "Clerk of Session" emails all our meeting documents to everyone, and I love not having to print them out--just having them all right there on the iPad.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home