Sunday, July 22, 2012

Surprised by Grace

I mentioned yesterday that I was one of the coordinators of volunteers for the recent NEJ Conference. We provided radical hospitality.  I think those who attended were surprised by the extent of what we did. 

We had people assigned to both venues and the street during times of transition.  Most of the time I wasn't serving in those roles, but a few times I filled in for volunteers.  At the beginning of the week I noticed that the people were surprised by the grace.  As we continued through the week, they became used to us being around -- the surprise was gone. 

Are we like that in life?  Are we surprised by grace when we first encounter it, and as time goes on, do we become used to it?  Do we appreciate it less?  Do we take God for granted?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home