Sunday, February 19, 2012

Glory

Joe's sermon today was about the transfiguration.  He talked about glory.  He said his impulse at first was to prepare a sermon about coming down the mountain and joining in the work, but he realized that the "come down the mountain" part of the passage was just the end.  If we only focus on the trip down the mountain, do we shortchange the glory?

Where do you find glory in the world?  Joe talked about how we experience glory in the use of our gifts from God.  I get that.  I know that when I preach (sometimes), I find myself very close to God.  If I'm very careful about what I do, if I prepare spiritually, and open myself up for discernment, then I realize how God is working through me, in spite of me, with me, to do what he has called me to do.  I feel "in the zone."  I feel joy.  It is glory.

When you do experience glory?  What brings you close to the glory of God? 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home