Monday, November 21, 2011

Faithful God

Today in Sunday school we read one of the lectionary readings for today:  Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24.  In it is an image of the shepherd and his sheep:
34:12 As shepherds seek out their flocks when they are among their scattered sheep, so I will seek out my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places to which they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness.
We talked about how God, the shepherd, is looking for us.  Do we look for the shepherd?

Image being lost as a kid (Mike's comparison).  Did you feel that panic at being lost?  Did you look for your parents?  Do we look for God when we are the lost sheep?

And how do we know that God is faithful?  How do we know that God looks for us?

If I were to ask you that question - Is God faithful -- I imagine you would answer, "Yes."  But if someone asked you, "How do you know?" then how would you answer him?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home