Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Do you like it?

I was in a worship service today.  The worship leader said, "If there is nothing in a worship service that you do not like, then we haven't done our job." 

What do you think of that theory? 

I think that whether I like something in worship or not isn't really the point.  I mean, I will have an opinion of the music, the liturgy, the sermon, the prayers.  I can't help but have an opinion, but that's not the point of worship.

Someone said today that high worship doesn't move people.   I don't believe that.  I do believe that it doesn't inspire some people, but I also believe that it is inspirational to others.  How can anyone make a statement that a particular kind of worship doesn't move anyone? 

I do wish we were more tolerant, less judgmental, more authentic, and less willing to worry about what we like in worship.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

I've heard people use the word uncomfortable instead not liking in reference to worship services. Generally I think they are trying to emphasize the need to grow beyond where we are comfortable.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home