Thursday, July 28, 2011

Daily Bread

Give us this day our daily bread....

What does that mean to you?

I don't usually have any problem finding my "daily bread" if we are to consider this a literal prayer for physical nourishment.  I am blessed that I do not go hungry.  I know there are those who do, every day, every night.  Lord, give us all our daily bread.  Lord, help me to provide daily bread to others.

On the other hand, we are all hungry.  We are hungry for something.  We all have needs that only God can meet.  The daily bread we pray for may be physical -- not only food, but rest, health, healing,  Our daily bread may be emotional -- love, compassion, forgiveness, strength.  Our daily bread may be spiritual -- faith, grace, hope.  Lord, give us this day our daily bread.

What does the prayer mean to you?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home