Friday, May 20, 2011

Gathering

I didn't really want to go. I was missing my husband, missimg my friends, and I just really didn't want to go. But responsibility called. I was the one who was chairing the meeting, making the announcements and leading worship. I had to go, so I went.

I didn't think I was running late, but when I got there, everyone was waiting for me. I had thought I would have time to collect my thoughts, but no such luck. Into the meeting - pass out agendas and pray. Pray without breathing first. Go.

Rush through the meeting. Dinner next. Potluck is always fun. It can be the best kind of cafeteria with a little of this, a little of that. No balance, no plan, but fun. Surely there is an analogy there for life.

Upstairs for worship. Like dinner, I was out of balance. Kindling, but too damp to burn brightly, just smoldering. God shown like the sun through the stained glass as the pastor's wife sang of one day in his courts. She spoke of sinking into grace and reminded us how we are loved by a God who has a great affection for us. Oh how he loves us. It was a grace-filled reminder.

A man spoke of his days lived in Christ, and how God has expanded his world view. He told of experiences with God, and how the Lord has used him to heal others with his words - words straight from God. He spoke of the loss of his brother, about making life-ending decisions, and his grief at the loss. God called him to service on a walk and then touched him with grace as he touched others.

Communion. Worship. The presence of God. Heal me, God, from my sins. Thank you for your light, your song, and your flooding grace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home