Friday, May 13, 2011

Moments of Grace

I read a piece of writing a few days ago in which a person asked if the reader could list moments of amazing grace and beauty.  Here are some of mine (in no particular order):

  • Standing in front of family and friends listening to the man who would very soon be my husband promise to love me for the rest of our lives.
  • Holding my sons for the first time.  I particularly remember holding Grant, hours after his birth (for the first time).  As I talked to him, the wheeze he had had since his brith went away.
Those are giant ones.  Here are some lesser ones, but still moments of beauty:

  • Sunset at the beach, walking with my husband, on the last day of our vacation in 1992.
  • Sunrise many many years later over the ocean -- so beautiful that I couldn't stop looking at it.
  • Riding a boat through Misty Fjord in Alaska -- an area shaped by glaciers -- and seeing a bald eagle up close for the first time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home