Thursday, March 03, 2011

March

There is a question running through some blogs -- can you list 10 things you like about March?  I've always, as long as I can remember, liked March.  Is it strange to like a particular month?

  1. St. Patrick's Day -- I like it.  I always have.  I'm not sure why.  St. Patrick's day is so much not winter -- maybe that's it.
  2. Spring -- March includes the first day of spring.
  3. Flowers that appear from bulbs, like crocuses and tulips,
  4. Hyacinth, because of the wonderful way they smell and most especially,....
  5. Daffodils -- Daffodils are my favorite flower.
  6. End of winter -- You begin March knowing that know could still arrive, but end it with the assurance that snow is rather unlikely.
  7. My birthday is in March.
  8. The colors -- pastels appear -- greens, pinks, yellows, lavender.
  9. I can start leaving my coat at home
  10. And, it's March.  It just is, and I like it the best.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home