Friday, February 25, 2011

It Makes a Difference

We do not live to ourselves, and we do not die to ourselves. If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord; so then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and lived again, so that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living." (Romans 14:7-9 NRSV)
This scripture arrived in my email this morning along with a quote from Jack C. Ammon, who wrote a devotional for the Upper Room in 2007. Jack tells of a time spent in the front lines in Normandy during World War II. A fellow soldier asked him why he was a Christian. Jack's answer was, "A person would have to be really dumb not to be a Christian, for you live better and you die better."

Is this why I am a Christian?  I'm not sure if that is the answer I would have given to the same question, but I can affirm the truth of what Jack says.  Being a Christian does make my life better.  I hope it will make my death better.

Perhaps this is the key to convincing other people to give their lives to God -- convincing people that Christ makes a difference.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home