From this week's Friday Five at RevGalBlogPals -- List your five favorite Bible verses or passages and why:
- John 3:1-16 – The very first time I read scripture in church as part of worship, this was the passage I was asked to read. I’ve always remembered it.
- Philipians 4:8 – When our son was born, he had a brachial plexus injury. We focuses much energy on helping him recover from the injury. In worship one day, God used this verse to speak to me – to remind me that our son was more than his injury.
- Psalm 8 – It always reminds me of the love of God, completely independent of what I deserve.
- 1 Corinthians 13 – I know it is probably an answer that everyone gives, but I love the Love Chapter. It’s a great description of agape love.
- The next passage I’m going to read has the potential to be my favorite. God often calls forth something new from the passage that is in front of me, creating the possibility that it will become my favorite.