Wednesday, December 01, 2010

King of Kings

Hattip to Margaret, who sent me the link to this YouTube video. It's a flash mob singing the Hallelujah Chorus in a mall.

Whether this piece of music is to your taste or not isn't really important in this post. I've come to appreciate classical music, thanks to my friend MB and the line-up of musical pieces in my church, and I like this piece of music in particular. Even if I didn't, though, I would be struck by this video.

Imagine, for a moment, standing up in a mall food court and shouting your praise of God, that he is "King of kings and Lord of Lords." The vocal portion of this video begins with one young woman on her cell phone, standing up, singing a solo -- to a rather cheesy elevator music background accompaniment. It looks brave and courageous to me.

What would it be like if we were that brave in declaring our faith? What would it look like if God's work in your life and my life was so motivational and transformational that we were brave enough to tell a stranger in the mall that God is alive?

I haven't looked at the comments on the YouTube video, but I imagine there are some that talk about how great the event is, and some who tell how the commenter doesn't like it. There will be those who reject what we have to say. I think that is one of the reasons I am hesitant to say it, but, truthfully, I shouldn't be. I should proclaim my faith.

Hallelujah doesn't often sound like the Hallelujah chorus. Sometimes it sounds like an invitation to church, or a sympathetic ear. Sometimes Hallelujah is silent and sometimes it is loud, but it always proclaims the love of God.

I should be shouting Hallelujah.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home