Monday, November 29, 2010

Five Years Today

Today is the Fifth Anniversary of Sandpiper's Thoughts.

Some stats: I haven't quite reached 2000 posts, but I'm over 1900. Since I started measuring, the blog has had over 57,000 hits. The highest one day hit count was 120 on May 23, 2010, and I have no idea why.

Some of my biggest "thrills" with the blog were the following:

  • When people find out about it and tell me they like it. This was more common when I first started.
  • Comments -- I really enjoy the comments, although I don't comment often about the comments. Even though I write the blog for myself, the comments are affirmational to me, even when you don't agree with me.
  • It was a thrill to see the blog mentioned on the West Virginia Annual Conference blog a couple of years ago.
  • It was a big thrill to see the blog listed in Circuit Rider, as a United Methodist blog of note.
Sometimes, I don't know what to write. Sometimes, at the end of the day, I'm too tired to write. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't write every day, but I know if I stop writing every day, I won't write much at all. So I keep to that commitment.

I'll keep writing, because it seems I must. I'll keep writing because it helps me to clarify for myself what I am thinking. I'll keep writing because it keeps me in touch (sometimes) with God.

I enjoy the blog, and I thank you, whoever you are, for when you read it. I pray something in it is a blessing to you.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Congratulations of 5 years.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 years - WOW! Congrats. You keep writing everyday and I'll keep reading everyday. L s

6:06 PM  
Blogger bob said...

Five years and 57,000 hits impressive but I'm sure there are many who you have helped to become closer to God as well. Congrats

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home