Sunday, October 17, 2010

Talk to me, baby

Today was Laity Day at church. As the Lay Leader, I planned the worship service. It's my fourth one to plan. I don't always preach, but I have for two of the four that I've planned.

As I think about the day, and I re-read my post from Friday night, I think I have a different answer for a couple of the questions, so I'm taking another shot at it.

  1. What are a few of the tasks that you find tedious/energy sucking in your ministry position? Please note I said 'tasks' not people :)One of the things that drains my energy for whatever I am doing, weather it is in church work or work work is a lack of communication. I want people to know what is going one. I want to know what is going on myself. In these days and times, communication can be so much easier than I imagine it was before -- emails, cell phones, text messages, voice mail -- all of them can make it easier.
  2. Is there anything you could do to make one of them better? Sleep more. I think the best I can do to make this better is to communicate the best I can and hope that others will follow suit.
Talk to me, baby; I want to know.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home