Sunday, February 28, 2010

Unprepared and yet prepared

On Saturday, I was asked to teach a class on the spur of the moment. "I don't want to put any pressure on you, but would you...."

I had fun; I didn't feel like it was pressure. The class members were great, contributing ideas and sharing with each other. What I really found interesting was that as I spent a few minutes thinking about the structure of the class material, I was able to pull material from from classes I had had. No one, especially not me, knew that I would be doing this, and yet God prepares us through our experiences -- classes, books, sermons --to do that which we are asked to do.

The well could have been dry, but it wasn't. I don't know if anybody learned anything at all, but I was able to lead a two hour and 15 minute discussion. And it was joy (for me, anyway!).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home