How about an Olympics Friday Five from RevGalBlogals?
- Which of the Winter Olympic sports is your favorite to watch? I like the figure skating the best (sorry, JtM). I enjoyed watching the half-pipe snowboarding with our older son. One of my favorite Olympic memories, though, was the famous hockey games in 1984, when the US won the gold (after beating the Soviet Union).
- Some of the uniforms have attracted attention this year, such as the US Snowboarders' pseudo-flannel shirts and the Norwegian Curling team's -- ahem -- pants. Who do you think had the best-looking uniforms? Best looking uniforms? I'm not sure. I can think of a whole lot of bad looking uniforms. I was watching the one of the US women's short track speed skating teams being interviewed this morning, and their warm up suits looked very nice on them. Some of the uniforms look like pajamas and are laughable.
- And Curling. Really? What's up with that? I'm sorry; I think curling is one of the most boring sports to watch during the Olympics. It's so slow and silly!
- Define Nordic Combined. Don't look it up. Take a guess if you must. (There will be a prize for the best answer, but be aware, this is a judged sport.) I don't know. There are so many very odd winter sports, like the one where come down a slope on skis and jump up in the air and start flipping and spinning? Who thought that up?
- If you could be a Winter Olympics Champion just by wishing for it, which sport would you choose for winning your Gold Medal? Hmmm. I don't know. Odd that that question would be in this list. J asked Steve a very similar question a day or two ago.