Thursday, January 07, 2010

Year in Review

I saw a post today on a blog that I thought was intersting. It is a review of the year completed by listed the first line of the first post of each month along with a photograph from that month (probably unrelated). I thought I would give that a try:

January 2009: In Ortberg's Faith and Doubt he talks about how we view God.


February 2009: One of the lectionary readings for the week is Mark 1:21-28. Jack preached today about healing -- how we all have ways in which we can be healed and ways in which we can heal each other.

March 2009: I learned a few things from my son this evening.


April 2009: I had a post planned for this evening, but my evening didn't go as planned (to say the least), and I just got home.

May 2009: We were on retreat this past weekend with our youth group. (3rd day of month since the first two were during a retreat and were only images)

June 2009: In Sunday school yesterday, we talked about a paragraph in the International Series student book.


July 2009: So, we now have a super majority in the Senate.

August 2009: The basis of the Children's Moment I did today in worship: Why I think bread and church are alike:


September 2009: Tired this evening, so I leave you with an image of the sky from last weekend and a quote to consider.


October 2009: Rev. Bob Wilkins delivered the sermon today at our Covenant Council meeting.

November 2009: But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.

December 2009: Two thousand years ago, Paul wrote a letter to the church at Philippi.


Doing this, I discovered two things: the first lines of my posts are boring, and it's hard to choose a favorite photograph.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home