Friday, September 11, 2009

Watchers

I just finished listening to the audio version of the book Watchers by Dean Koontz. I've read it before -- a long time ago -- but I couldn't remember the origin of the name of the book. Then I read this passage:

We have a responsibility to stand watch over one another, we are watchers, all of us, watchers, guardians against the darkness. You've taught me that we're all needed, even those who sometimes think we're worthless, plain and dull. If we love and allow ourselves to be loved...well, a person who loves is the most precious thing in the world, worth all the fortunes that ever were. That what you've taught me, fur face, and because of you I'll never be the same.

(By the way, fur face is a dog.)

Watchers. We are all watchers, watching over each other. Loving each other and allowing ourselves to be loved. We are guardians of each other against the darkness.

I like the image, and I think it might be a perspective on "love one another" that could help us to understand it better.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home