Monday, September 07, 2009

Relaxing?

I haven't done a Friday Five in a while (and why is it that I rarely do them on Friday?), so here is one from last week.

What / who gives you energy?
  1. Is there a person who encourages and uplifts you, whose company you seek when you are feeling low?Steve often says that something isn't real until he tells me about it; I would say the same thing about him. In addition, he and I are friends with another couple. They encourage and uplift us, and we often seek their company.
  2. How about a piece of music that either invigorates or relaxes you? If I turn to music, it is often for invigoration rather than relaxation. Driving in the evening, with the windows down, and with upbeat music -- Christian or not -- is my idea of an energizing adventure with music.
  3. Which book of the Bible do you most readily turn to for refreshment and encouragement? Is there a particular story that brings you hope? I like Philippians for its sense of joy, and I like Esther and Ruth as stories, especially to teach.
  4. A bracing walk or a cosy fireside? A fire will put me to sleep; a walk will do the opposite, so it depends on whether I want to sleep or wake up.
  5. Are you feeling refreshed and restored at the moment or in need of recharging? I've worked hard today, shopping, cooking and cleaning, so recharging sounds good. Just sitting on the couch, knitting or doing nothing sounds pretty good to me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home