Saturday, November 22, 2008

Friday Five -- Appliances

It's late, and I can't think of what to write, so how about this week's Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals.

With Thanksgiving coming up, the Friday Five is kitchen-related questions:

  1. Do you have a food processor? Can you recommend it? Which is to say, do you actually use it?
  2. For the first time since we've been married, we do have a food processor. I don't use it all the time (at all), but I have found it to be very helpful when I do use it. I specifically remember assembling a scalloped potato casserole -- we ran those potatoes through the food proccessor, and WOW -- perfect slices. It was great.
  3. And if so, do you use the fancy things on it? (Mine came with a mini-blender (used a lot and long ago broken) and these scary disks you used to julienne things (used once).)
  4. So far, we've only used the disk blades.
  5. Do you use a standing mixer? Or one of the hand-held varieties? We use a Kitchenaid stand mixer. I love using it. It's great!
  6. How about a blender? Do you have one? Use it much? We do have a blender, and no, we don't use it much. When I was pregnant, I craved cold, red things -- like red slurpees and non-alcoholic strawberry daquari's, so in those months, the blender got used alot.
  7. Finally, what old-fashioned, non-electric kitchen tool do you enjoy using the most? We have a Pampered chef chopper that is great.
Bonus: Is there a kitchen appliance or utensil you ONLY use at Thanksgiving or some other holiday? If so, what is it? Oh! Turkey baster.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

My wife has a food processor and multiple blenders,but for food prep she generally uses the Ronco Veg-O-Matic

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home